What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcillite

I notice a lot of people use laterite as an additive or top dressing for their woolly sundews.  Has anyone used arcillite?  It is sold under the brand name Schultz as Aquatic Plant Soil.  Here is a link:http://www.schultz.com/Product....antSoil
Arcillite is said to be a calcined montmorillonite clay.

Chris

Sounds real similar to something Joseph Clemmens suggests for use with Pings- I would check out his sticky topic in the Ping forums and see if it isn't the same thing (and if you can't tell, you could alwasy PM him the question deirectly)

It's also called fullers earth, and yes, I use a mixture of Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil (APS) and silica sand that has been coated with a dusting of iron oxide powder, for my Mexican Pinguicula, though I have not yet tried it with any Drosera.

lol ive got a bag of Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil that i bought mainly to substitute for peat in my dartfrog tanks but have been adding it to some CP soils. mainly to Utric pots but i figured i might get better root growth with my Pings if i used it as my pings are making minimal roots and basically just "floating" on the surface of the damp peat

Back