Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. paradoxa and D. madagascariensis

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the D. madagascariensis a long time ago. These set must be the tenth generation or so.

The D. falconeri I got from Pyro, propagated it to get about 5 or so babies (Pics are in the Sony cybershot thread) and sent the original to josh

The D. paradoxa I got on ebay, propagated and sent one to josh.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light is the biggest variable. They both like warmth, but mine have experienced temps in the 40's in the attic, without problems. What hasn't been mentioned is that if there have been changes to its environment, like a lot of moving around, they could be experiencing some shock. So, stability of conditions and waiting it out for new growth might take care of the problem, beyond light and warmth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I moved the original Paredoxa [Edit: actually spelled, Drosera paradoxa] in from the GH when I started to rebuild the GH. I didn;t want to burn it up on the benches I had outside. That is also when I moved in the falconari. Pyro sent me 3 more clones of Paradoxa [Edit: actually spelled, Drosera paradoxa] and those I can see being in transplant shock. Maybe the large one Clint sent me too, but it has been in its current location for a while so I chalked that up to flower production. So what I am going to do tomorrow is Foil 3 of the sides and the bottom like Pyro sudjested. I will seal up the filter hol in the hood to trap in some more heat. I will also lower the water level and just keep the media moist. Since at the momment the 3 inch posts are sitting in water up to about half the depth of the pot. I will cut the flower stalks off all the paradoxas [Edit: actually spelled, Drosera paradoxa] to allow them to settle in before I go for seed. I will take before and after pictures of the tank tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow them outside in full sun in summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not bother cutting off the flowers, D. paradoxa make them perpetually so cutting off one means that 5 more will take its place. Blooming does not seem to phase these guys much. All things being equal I would not worry overly much about dew production.

'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the old tank sitting next to the new one. I had an extra ten so I covered it on all sides with foil including the bottom. I just left a small viewing window in the front.

Pyro its already too late I already chopped the spikes. I want the dew production! I will go for pollination next flowers. I was worried about the plants and figured that was best, until reading your post.

Here is a picture of the falconarii [Edit: actually spelled, Drosera falconeri]. It seems to have a total of 3 growth points at the moment too. I hope the addition of the foil and closing the filter holes in the hood will bring back out the red color in this guy.

Here are two of the paradoxas [Edit: actually spelled, Drosera paradoxa] you sent Pyro. One of these had the spike on it I removed.

Now after I set everything up I feed the light probe into the tank and closed the lid. The light probe was sitting on the bottom of the tank, and I was getting a reading of 233 FC That seems a little low don't you think? Considering full sun outside is 6000 FC. I lined most of the underside of the hood with aluminum tape for more reflection down and all sides are covered with foil except the small viewing window seen in the picture. Do you folks think this is enough light? If not I am going to have to build a new hood so I can add more lights.

JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. move them as far up as you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And many plants respond favorably with longer ligh duration as well as higher light intensity. I have one rack of light shelves that I keep on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year. Those plants that look like they could use a light boost, get a week or two on the 24 hour light shelf, really does them good.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12