Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How I grow tuberous Drosera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pingman @ Dec. 18 2006,12:12)]Now if we could only get more of them available!
    I'm working on it year by year LOL
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean,

Thanks for the insights, I'll pencile them down. Not sure on the mid-rib, could be a trick of the light in that pic. I'll check the plant and let you know. Wish I had shot the flower when it had one...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you keep them cold at night? I live in GA and this is tricky. I have a room with very poor insulation in my house that my family calls "the icebox". I doubt that it goes below 50 at night or over 65 during the day in the winter. Would this be OK?

Also, I saw your mexi-pings and N. x predator at the Southeaster flower show. They were incredible. The only CP's I have been sucessful with as of yet are mexi-pings, which grow like weeds for me. My P. gigantea is catching up to yours and it just offsetted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a sunroom that "leaks" like a sieve. I use a heater to keep it above freezing on really cold nights. But most nights it is in the 40-50 range and that should be fine for most of them. I have also grown a few outside and only brought them into the sunroom on nights ther is a frost danger so you might want to consider that too.

Thanks for the compliments on the plants I had at SFS. Hope to have some good stuff this year too. Probably not the 'Predator' though as it is not pitchering well at the moment (Grrr!! )

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro (or whoever has an answer) I'm unable to find anything smaller than medium size pine bark mulch around here. I did find cedar and cypress mulch. Can either of those be sustituted for the pine bark mulch?
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had mentioned it in the original post (gonna have to go back and check) but pine bark mulch is not an absolute. It is just what I chose to use. If you can not find it or you do not want to use it then just substitute peat and you will be fine.

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did Pyro, but I wanted to stick as close to your original recipe as I could. The local Alco store has the cedar and cypress mulch. Figured if either of them would work, I'd get some and use the extra around a small bush that I have in the yard for weed suppresion. And why would I want to take the easy way out and substitute peat? Where's the fun if I can't make it harder than it really is?
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see... You are just trying to be difficult LOL. I think I'd still sub peat if you can not find the pine bark mulch. Go with known additives rather than experimenting unless you are willing to accept the possibility of a loss. I experiment because I don;t mind killing some things. But I have always been crazy like that...

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast