Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics - Recent Acquisitions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    D. paradoxa update: Yesterday I noticed some new leaves with dew on them. The one plant (upper right corner in photo above) in the "sick" pot that didn't fall apart has a few leaves with dew too.
    The pics look like plants suffering transfer shock. In general, providing new plants an extra humid 'recovery room' usually helped get them through this potentially trying time with minimal trauma.

Usually you don't know how the new plants were originally grown after purchasing. Giving them extra humidity in the beginning and then slowly acclimating them to your conditions helps survival rates (for me anyway - except D. regia).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the one that fell apart went into the tank/terrarium right away, the other one went on the windowsill for maybe a week until Peter (pingman) said they should be kept above 68F.

Here's some photos of the D. paradoxa taken this week:

The sick ones

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    closeups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it is going dormant or not...usually it will form a ball in the middle and won't produce new growth.

I could be wrong but I'd say it just needs more water or just more time to adapt to your surroundings.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petiolaris complex expect a six month wet/dry season with the dry season in autumn & winter. As recommended I've been letting the trays dry out with 2-3 days between watering and adding only a quarter inch or so of water.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ignorant to the wet/dry season growing of Paradoxa. I just grew it as a tropical plant, when it got cold it came inside under the lights. What benefits are there for giving them a dry period?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I gather petiolaris complex Drosera develop fairly extensive (for Drosera) almost tuberous roots. If the plant goes dormant overwatering could lead to root rot.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

When Time Stood Still Metranisome's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the LA carnivorous plant society which meeting did you get them at and do you know when the next meeting is I'm a little new to growing and I want to go to one of the meetings, the website does not keep updated...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast