What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dewless sundews?

Plant's need co2 like we need oxygen. The ambient co2 level in your average air is about 3 ppm. I aim to increase it tenfold at least. I know it will improve growth but I wanna see how much (and besides the co2 equipment does me no good in the basement lol)

Carbon is the basic building block of all life as we know it. Plants take carbon from CO2 to make basic sugars, starches and other carbohydrates using light as the major energy source. O2 it the major by/wasteproduct. The process is known as photosynthesis. Carbohydrates are complex molecules of mainly Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen. H20 (water) is the primary source of hydrogen and oxygen.

I have a 55 gallon tank and I keep all of my sundews about 6 inches or so from the lights... but after reading this, I may move them a bit closer...

I keep the tank covered with glass canopies that don't quite fit so it isn't too tightly covered... there is like a 1/8 inch of opening on each side of the top of the tank.

I'm using 4 24 Inch Ott Biolite Plant Grow Lights - Full Spectrum Natural Light Growing Lamp Tubes over one half of the tank and I'll use two more on the other side, plus a cool white flourescent and I'll add some other 24 inch tube as the 4th light on that side as well...

I'm still waiting for my roll of mylar that I ordered to arrive so I can contain as much of the light as possible.

Has anyone ever used the Ott-Lite tubes?

My mom uses them for knitting :)

LOL... Does that mean they aren't good for CPs?

ok I know what is wrong with my paradoxa and falconari then. I don;t have them under enough light. I am using two 30 watt CFs and only the dews are not happy. My orchids and nepenthes are great. In fact my nepenthes amp has redened up some, but the dews just seem to be on a decline. THEY ARE STARVING!!!!!!

I;m a bad daddy!!

Back