What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. intermedia

I have recently noticed that my D. intermedia have a tendancy to produce many different growing points on the plant's original crown. Is this normal? because they seem to do so abnormally......abnormally meaning, way too much.

Ex. I had a small plantlet that I have recieved from a leaf cutting (and I recieved it during mid summer), and by the end of the growing season i noticed that I had easily 10 growing points (no kidding)

Also I was told (and I saw in pictures) that D. intermedia has a tendancy to produce short stems, however none of mine have. Why might this be? I have had a hard time trying to understand this.

Thanks for your imput.

I'm afraid I don't have any answers to your question but do you have pics? It sounds like it would be something very interesting to see.

well no, my camera isn't working because it's stupid, but imagine a bunch of hibernicula bunched up on a mound of rotting D. intermedia leaves that sre connected by a short stem-looking thing.

Here's one of mine,
Drosera_anglica_intermedia.jpg
with D. intermedia on the left.

Farmer Dave, they only make stems like why D. madagascariensis does; old leaves building on top of older ones. It's not bad that your plant isn't making stems, just means that it hasn't made enough leaves to make one.

-Ben

Back