Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D burmannii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D burmannii

Ok someone is going to ship me 50 D. burmannii seeds and these are my first time with seed growing. Here is a list of copy and pasted questions I sent him so if yall could answer them also and tell me anything else I should know like dromancy.

When should I put them in the ground? How long would it be till I see growth? I know they are annuals so how long till they fully grow? How should the mixture be? Do I put them in the ground and if so how deep? Will they produce offshoots or whatever? If I put them in one big pot how far away should they be? When I put them in the ground or whatever should I put fungicide on them? If I dont will they most likely die or what? Lol sorry for all these questions.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-17-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Correction of scientific name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answered them in your PM.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosera36 View Post
    Answered them in your PM.

-Ben
    Uh sorry did I offended you in some way? Sorry if I did its just that its good to hear things from a variety of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no, it's just that this plant aint too complicated, all you do is sow and forget. lol.

It literally is a weed, and spreads uncontrollably in many collections, so I thought that what I wrote would be good enough. lol

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. burmannii is a weed.. sprinkle some seeds on top of the media of choice, mist them a bit, and put them on the tray watering system. In a while you will be cursing the guy who sent you those seeds...

Good luck,
    Steve
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-18-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Correction of scientific name
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh so basically just dump them on the the mixture? and I only have small pots will that be okay? And will it be okay if I put them outside now or should I have them under lights?

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err I said "sprinkle" not "dump".. they are small rosettes.. 1-2" across usually, and they grow EVERYWHERE!! Big pot, small pot, tall pot, short pot, red pot, blue pot.... I am convinced that these plants would grow just fine planted in a block of concrete on the moon.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank yall and I know I am making it harder then it needs to be but I am always so nervous when doing things with plants. But it doesnt matter how close the seeds are does it and uh the light question.Terribly sorry but for all CPs will it do any harm to any CPs if they have other CPs or non CPs growing relaly close to them? Thanks
    dangit another question! I heard that if you cut the flowers off before it opens you can keep them for more then a year. Is it true? And how much seed will each flower make?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast