What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. graomogolensis about to flower

Congratulations on the bloom, Butch; and thanks for not using that interminable watermark of yours, so that I can take credit for that plant . . .

hehehehehehe

thats ok, ive borrowed yours for years too...
what friends are for ey

Very nice! Just how big is it?

Blue, the flower itself is approx the size of a nickel

What's also intriguing is that they appear to be a night blooming species.
(just a suspicion, no scientific proof)
But it is rare to catch a flower open during normal daylight hours, at least in my conditions.

the picture i posted is the first time I have, and that particular flower is now closed.

Last edited:
How does it smell? Normally most night bloomers are fragrant. Color not important in the dark so other cues needed

Blue, the flower itself is approx the size of a nickel

What's also intriguing is that they appear to be a night blooming species.
(just a suspicion, no scientific proof)
But it is rare to catch a flower open during normal daylight hours, at least in my conditions.

the picture i posted is the first time I have, and that particular flower is now closed.

good question mach, but one I cant answer...

it is buried in the far rear of my lower plant rack... to get access would require that I move my N. macrophylla and a U. quelchii that is also about to open a flower

both have entwined themselves with the surrounding helis

guess I could use a section of aquarium hose... hmmm if i can catch another one open Ill give that a try

Last edited:
smell o vision :p Also see what sort of light reflecting properties it has under low light. might be doing things under low light/moon light if that is the case.

MTF
good question mach, but one I cant answer...

it is buried in the far rear of my lower plant rack... to get access would require that I move my N. macrophylla and a U. quelchii that is also about to open a flower

both have entwined themselves with the surrounding helis

guess I could use a section of aquarium hose... hmmm if i can catch another one open Ill give that a try

Curiouser and curiouser. :)

Back