What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. macrantha

I recieved a D. macrantha for Christmas and it's of good size and it's growing rapidly, and I was wondering when they flower. I've read that tuberous Drosera tend to either flower at the beggining or the end of their growth cycles and if that's true then I was wondering when D. macrantha is supposed to flower.

Thanks

D. macrantha is a climbing tuberous dew. it can reach a height of several feet before its done and ready flower!! how tall is yours?
Alex

hmm... i would ask Pyro. he knows more about tuberous dews than me(obviously...)
Alex

My D. macrantha just hit 41 inches tall and is blooming for the first time. I'll have Steve post a pic when he comes by in a few weeks. It's growing up a very tall bamboo stake and the plant sends out extra long petioles with big traps that grab the stake and use it to climb. It's fascinating to observe.

I appreciate the confidence :) However my macranta has not flowered yet. Seeing as it is only 2yo from seed I don't expect blooms for a while. But I do know that macrantha tends to bloom from the top of the plant. So you will have to wait for it to at least open that far :)

Phil,

41" !!! I can not wait for those pics!

Pics pics I want pics!!! I have had no luck with my tuberous seeds, but I might have to wait a while for them to grow. :-(

Back