Thread: newbie tropical sundew questions

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

newbie tropical sundew questions

Due to my growing conditions I have always stayed with temperate species, but after getting my D. graomogolensis I have been bitten buy the bug so to speak. So I made a seed order which included the following tropical sundews:

D. aliciae
    D. admirabilis
    D. venusta
    D. sessilifolia
    D. auyan tepui

(and a 200 seed "grab bag" of 20-50 species/forms, I'm not too concerned about these at the moment, they are a mix of temperate and tropical... so I figure they will be a catch 22 on germination)

I have read that my choices will require hot stratification, hence my question

What are some possible methods used when dealing with a constant 68f home temp (currently all my stuff is set up in an unheated basement)

I will probably get a small 2 bulb T5 fixture and use it above a 10 gallon aquarium once the seeds have sprouted, keeping a few of each and trading off the rest

any and all advice will be greatly appreciated,

Metal King
    St.Catharines, Ontario,Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    D.aliciae will germinate without any sort of fancy treatment, I have done it a few times with the exact set-up you decribe, so I wouldn't sweat that one, the others I don't know tho
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants