What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from Phil's GH

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hi all....

I went to visit Phil again today and brought my camera along. I thought you all might enjoy some pics that are not Nepenthes.

Enjoy,
Steve

D. venusta
P1010001_001.sized.jpg

P1010003.sized.jpg

P1010004.sized.jpg

D. peltata
P1010005.sized.jpg

P1010006.sized.jpg

Byblis linflora
P1010007.sized.jpg

P1010008.sized.jpg

P1010009.sized.jpg

P1010010.sized.jpg

P1010011.sized.jpg

D. regia
P1010019.sized.jpg

D. slackii
P1010020.sized.jpg

P1010021.sized.jpg

D. admirabilis
P1010025.sized.jpg

P1010036.sized.jpg

P1010037.sized.jpg

P1010038.sized.jpg

P1010039.sized.jpg

P1010040.sized.jpg

P1010041.sized.jpg

Oh... Oh god.... D. schizandra... it's...it's perfect!

D.. cistiflora... *passes out*

Thanks Clint. I'll take that as a compliment. BTW...the pic of the dew with the tape measure is Drosera macrantha (44 inches).

Phil

OH YES! A compliment! They are FABULOUS!

That's very kind. We almost didn't get pics of the D. schizandra. We were looking around for stuff to photograph and I happened to catch a glimpse of the container these grow in. They're pretty well hidden. I haven't looked in there in at least 3 or 4 months so it was a surprise for me as well to see how well they had been growing. There are also some D. prolifera hanging out in there as well.

The 3 sisters seen in the photos do not all get the same conditions. The D. adelae that you see is grown basicly as seen, open topped and in the general population of the GH. The D. schizandra and its sister are grown in a tightly covered container in basicly pure LFS and are among the very few plants in the GH that are given artificial light.

That D. macrantha is one of the plants that I mainly based this trip out to photograph. That is why I have so many shots dedicated to it. :) We won't mention that the ONE pic that Phil attempted, he stuck the lens to the trap... lol :-))

Someone musta edited that into my post.. I wouldn't have put that in there myself... I think ???

Gr8 pictures and great plants.
Thank you both for sharing your abilities.
Lois

OH! MY! SCIENCE!!!!!!!
I love your D. macrantha!!!!, D. schizandra, D. peltata, D. regia, and well.....all of them!!!!!
you are truely an awsome CP grower

Oooooooo Regia... I Love Regia's! And that's a niiiiice one..

OH! MY! SCIENCE!!!!!!!
I love your D. macrantha!!!!, D. schizandra, D. peltata, D. regia, and well.....all of them!!!!!
you are truely an awsome CP grower

Oh man... that pic just doesn't do justice to his D. peltata... Mine are barely at rosette stage and do not even appear to be considering climbing yet. Phil has at least several climbing leaves on his already. Although... there are several less developed pots of D. peltata that I did not take pics of.. woops?? did I say that out loud? :poke: hehe

D. schizandra and its sister..... oh wow. Wonderfull

Steve...you're killing me! Just remember...turn about is fair play!

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I enjoy my plants too.

quogue- I'm glad you like my D. regia. It is currently in its small winter growth if you can believe that. This particular clone is a true giant amongst D. regia. It's leaves stretch out over 34 inches during the summer, large enough to catch and hold yellow jackets. You can't imagine how big the dew drops are on this guy.

Wow, just wow!

And Phil, your D. regia gets THAT big in the summer?! I would love to see a sundew catch a yellow jacket...

:hail:

Absolutely wonderful plants. Do you use LFS for your Queensland sundews?

Cheers,

Greg

Back