What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My pygmy sundew (d. roseana) has arrived!

Christopher

Fancier of The Insectivorous Plant
It has! Along with my bladderwort (u. sandersonii)!

Here are photos of my pygmy! What a nice little fellow. :)

From afar:

Closer up:

It did really well making the trip over to my house. I hope it adjusts to its new home well. ;)

if i think i know where you got that plant. they are fantastic shippers arent they!? great quality plants :) good luck with your new babies :)
Alex

Yea, I got it from CP. :)

They shipped it very well! I was so very impressed. I will definitely be doing business with them again!

yeah, I recently got some plants from them.
Nice plants!
how many are there?

Can you believe that there are 5 of them in total? Each plant is about 2 mm across, if that. :)

nice!
Yeah, pygmies don't do well with me, because I can't protect them from the rain.

Hehe. I won't be bringing my pygmies out until about May, when all danger of a major downpour disappears. In the meantime, they'll be sitting on the south-facing window sill of my kitchen window; plenty of sunshine there. :)

yeah, that sounds like a plan.
Another thing that I suppose that might work is putting a clear plastic cup over it during the rainy times

That's a good idea. Dave. I'll just do that then. I'm sure my pygmy would be happiest outside; the weather is warming up nicely in the city now, anyway. :)

Those things look awesome! I've always liked miniature stuff.

-Ben

That's adorable.

I'll be getting some pygmies myself just as soon as I develop an attractive way of mounting a magnifying lense on the pot, like in movies like Brazil & City of Lost Children.

Back