What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera zeyheri in flower

Hi,

i was more than happy to see the plant flowering as i went into the greenhouse this morning!

Christian

It's huge! It looks as big as a tulip! Very nice, I like!

Beautiful! I love the dewy structures on the flower stalk too, unusual.

By the way, your grow/wish list links in your signature need to be edited from the conversion.

Wow, I had no idea sundews could have such pretty flowers. Great color, too!

What type of sundew is that?
It looks awsome!!!
congrats!!!

Hi,

thanks for the nice comments!

@Dave:
This is one of the wintergrowing south-african Drosera (an extremely interesting group of plants!). Not the easiest to cultivate, but the flowers are worth it.

Christian

P.S.: My signature should work now again. Thanks!

Very nice looking!

Awsome!!!
you mean like D. cistiflora?

Hi,

yes, the plant belongs to the highly interesting group of plants, that also contains D. cistiflora. This means, the plants do need a dry (but not too dry) summer-dormancy. This is the most crucial point in cultivating these beautiful plants.

Christian

GOnna have to get my hands on seed of that for the TC lab... If I can find a source...

If you'd only asked a month ago. ???

If I had only known this was a SA a month ago... LOL For some reason I thought this guy was a pygmy... What kind of fool am I?!?

Back