What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. alba photos

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    alba

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Just some shots of my D. alba

Two weeks ago

alba0303071.jpg

And a week ago when the second stage foliage appeared

alba0317073.jpg

alba0317072.jpg

I am also psyched to see a bloom arrising

alba0317074.jpg

Cool, I like the second stage foliage shot the best.

Nice, Travis.
Please keep posting pics of your collection!
Peter.

Forget the plants.... I want the camera!:-D

Very Very Very cool! Good job dude! Definatly make sure to catch a picture of that bloom.

Lovely plants Travis. Pollinate! Pollinate! Pollinate!

Thanks for the compliments all.

Sean,

I will do my best to pollinate and get seed. My first priority is getting the species into TC. Any left overs will go out to capable growers :)

Last edited:
Awesome pics of a great plant.
Thanks Travis.

D. alba is like the tuberous drosera(but it dosent from a tuber) and cistiflora as it grows in the winter and dies to the roots during summer, right? so if you can grow tuberous drosera. you can grow this guy? its a neat little plant! dont the blooms take a long time to open?
Alex

Gr8 pictures, Pyro, keep up the good work.
Lois

D. alba is like the tuberous drosera(but it dosent from a tuber) and cistiflora as it grows in the winter and dies to the roots during summer, right? so if you can grow tuberous drosera. you can grow this guy? its a neat little plant! dont the blooms take a long time to open?
Alex

Alex,

Yes and no. The South African winter growers are like tuberous in that they grow in winter but their summer dormancy is a little trickier so unless you are experienced with some of the more difficult tuberous (i.e. not peltata, auriculata, etc) then this group can be hard.

So far the bloom has been going along quick, probably be open by end of week if I estimate right.

Back