What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

??Question??

Will 2, 30 watt, 3' t-12s be enough for them if they're growing ~5 inches under it? I could move them up some more since it doesn't get very hot because they aren't in a terrarium.

I'd go with 4 tubes but that's me.

But will they at least get kind of red? They're spatulata

Oh well in that case.....

Can you guess what I'm gonna say?

Put it outside. :)

I would think that they'd get kinda pink on the tentacles like how my tropical dews did durning their 'not so bright' winter, but they should deffinately get more color if you were to put in just one more tube.

Well, in the winter then they'll be growing indoors for sure. But I would rather make a terrarium with them in it so four would be good enough right?

Yep. 4 is good. Unless you can fit 6. Keep them close, anyway though.

Well, in the winter then they'll be growing indoors for sure. But I would rather make a terrarium with them in it so four would be good enough right?

Terrarium isn't necessary, unless you already have one for other plants.

xvart.

If you are worried about D. spatulata turning red... i grow mine inside about 7 inches from a compact floro bulb equiv to 75 watts (I think) and they are completely red.

The terrarium would be for highland neps and any other tropical plants I get during the spring, fall, and winter.

Back