What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone have "monster" dews?

im doing a presentation for a local 3rd grade class on CP's...................ive got the usual capensis binata ect but does anyone have a monster sized regia or similarly large growing species they can take a pic of and send to me? i need original photos as they will be printed out on 8x10 photo paper in our photo lab. once cropped for the web wont work well. also something in the pic for size referance would be good.....a hand, perso or pop can or bottle will work well and give the kids an idea of size..........

My 'Big Easy' is lookin good right now, the King's are still growing back after Winter and repotting. I'll take a pic Monday or Tuesday for ya. Also sending out the Intiflata today..

Any of these rate?

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

AR000102.jpg

D_binata.jpg

AF002801.jpg

I have a D. binata dichotoma with 14" petioles - I'll try to get a friend to pose for a picture with it tomorrow. Some of the leaves are wider than my head!
~Joe

what are those lovely (pygmies? i see hairs...) dews in that last pic?

That particular pygmy is called: D. nitidula x occidentalis. The camera (my former supervisor's) comes with a 2" thick users manual and they made the plants look better than they were, inda like fresh produce pics at the grocery store.

Back