What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My sundew younglings

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

2x D. capensis alba, D capensis red, D. filiformis tracyi, D. binata, all in three inch pots. Only my tracyi is growing slowly, the rest are exploding. The binata came to me with no live leaves a month ago, and the capensis' all lost all their leaves to my cat about the same time. I'm hoping they get big, quick!

You've got a nice set of the bombproof ones, there! Did you know that you could take leaf cuttings of the D. binata & filiformis and sprout new plants? All ya have to is sever a leaf and place it in a sealed baggie of slightly moist media and place in indirect light... and ignore them for a few weeks. Then get yourself a magnifying glass to see the multitude of growth points along the leaves.

Here is one I started as a leaf cutting:

D_filiformis.jpg

And a few months later:

D_filiformis_California_Sunset.jpg

A year after sprouting:

s_Wed_086.jpg

Here's a baby binata:

dscn0186.jpg

Yea you can not kill a d. capensis. Mine is in a 4in pot, the roots are coming out of the bottom of the pot, the temps get down into the 40's, it's the last on my list to water so if I run out of water it get's none. I promised it I would take better care of it. But out of all that, it has tons of dew and makes new leaves like crazy.

Back