Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I have a bifurcated capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bifurcated capensis

That just almost sounds bad....

Anyhow, is this common? My d. capensis is sending up a flower stalk and I just noticed it is bifurcated. When it was coming up earlier I noticed the pods seemed to be more clumped than linear like I had had before, but it wasn't until now that I noticed it is split.

I appologize for the poor image quality, but it is hard to get it focused with the flower stalk just hanging there in space.

Edit: Edited the image, I retook it on manual instead of automatic. It is a bit dark, but much more clear than the previous image. A guy takes 2 minutes to retake the picture and there is already a reply. I guess things could be worse ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, more weeds for you.

Dunno if it's common, doubt it though. At least it's cool looking.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my. D. spatulata had that. it had 4 main points. i didnt let it fower though beause it was looking like crap in the first place
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that its neither common, nor uncommon. Its a lot like the double headed Venus Flytrap, every once in a while it just happens. Below is a picture of one of my D. capensis plants from a couple seasons ago which had 3 or 4 split scapes on it at the same time. Man... did I get a LOT of seeds from that sucker that year lol

Here are a couple pics of that plant. Click on the image to see the full sized view. I also have several other shots of this plant that I can e-mail you if you are interested.

Cheers
    Steve

There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found that as my D. capensis mature, they tend to form larger and larger flowers scapes with 2-3 bifurcations on each.

I haven't paid much attention this year though, because I've been clipping all my D. capensis scapes this season. I got way too many hitch-hikers popping up in all my other pots from last year.