Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negative Experience w/ **********

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Negative Experience w/ **********

Recently, I ordered a D. gigantea from the above vendor. It arrived as a potted
    plant, simply wrapped in newspaper, and consequently, the compost was all over
    the box. Moreover, as you may know, D. gigantea is an erect-growing Drosera.
    The plant I received featured a three inch stalk, which would have been beautiful,
    but because of the incredibly careless, thoughtless packing, was broken in half!

If even a modicum of care had been exercised in the packing of this plant, it
    would have arrived in perfect shape. Given that this "company" has been in
    business for a while now, it seems that they should know better how to pack
    such plants.

Finally, for those who have read the "guarantee" on the company website,
    which promises to "fix" any problems if a plant does not arrive in perfect shape,
    be aware that when you receive your plant, you also will receive a clarification
    of the terms of the "guarantee". This clarification indicates that you must call
    the company at your expense within 24 hours, and then ship the plant back to
    them, again at your expense. Then, if they accept your "claim", they state that
    they'll refund your money or replace the plant. But, if your "claim" is not accepted,
    they'll just ship the damaged plant back to you (and by this time, it'll probably
    really be damaged). So, the so-called guarantee appears to be effectively
    worthless. Additionally, they indicate clearly that email regarding such matters
    will not be answered!

I've purchased plants from virtually every CP dealer on Earth over the last couple
    of decades, and this incident involves some of the poorest business practices I've
    ever seen. Consequently, I'll never do business with these people again.

This is only my experience, but the reader can draw his own conclusions!
    Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting,

********** seemed to be the only seller on the net in the US that sells a wide variety of Heliamphora, I also heard from someone who ordered it took MONTHS for them to ship it because it was winter. I may just not buy from them...
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I placed my first order with them for a couple of neps a month or so ago. I had a concern about shipping with a heat pack, so I emailed them a few days after I placed my order. They didn't respond. I found a phone number on their website, so I called them. They seemed very aggitated that I called. They informed me that they just hold orders if it's too cold, they don't ship with heat packs (like their website said). They did say that barring a blizzard, it would probably ship out in a few days. Three weeks later it still hadn't shipped and I had not heard a word from them, so I gave them a call just to make sure everything was ok. They informed me that it was still too cold to ship, and they wouldn't be able to ship until probably May. The man I spoke to remembered that I had called a few weeks prior, and again seemed annoyed that I would even be concerned about my order. He very quickly offered that I could cancel my order and place it later when the weather was better, so that's what I did. I requested an email confirmation that my order was cancelled, and I never got one. My card was never charged, so nothing bad happened. Hopefully they actually cancelled my order, and it doesn't find it's way to my doorstep in a few months. During all of this, I was very nice about everything. I tried to explain to him, that I was concerned about having a pending order waiting to hit my credit card. I didn't want them to wait 3 months to send my order and put me in a finacial bind because I wasn't expecting my card to be charged right then. I was also concerned about the weather because they are plants....I certainly didn't want little frozen brown plants delivered to my doorstep. I thought my concerns were reasonable, and I handled everything in a friendly, professional manner. In return I was treated rudely. Quite frankly, I got the feeling that they thought I was crazy. I understand that they need to hold orders for bad weather, but I did not appreciate the way they treated me when I had concerns over my order. I believe that when you are dealing with things that can die in the mail, you need to be sensitive to your customer's concerns. I probably won't be placing another order from them. I've already ordered the plants I wanted from another seller, and they are en route to me right now. Judging from Neps' review, I dodged a bullet on this one.

That's my two cents.

*edit*
    Can we post bad reviews of companies on here? I can't seem to find the rules and regs. right now...sorry if I wasn't supposed to post this.
    "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet."

my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are probably just in it for the money, like ***** *****.

I wouldn't be surprised if they poached.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had a bad experience with this company, maybe a year or so ago. It wasn't terribly bad, but not good.

I ordered some sundews, and they were packed with like green confetti stuff and covered over with some paper and tape, I think. They were pretty loose in the box too, as I remember. One of the plants looks like it was just hastily crammed into some pure peat to be shipped out, since the roots were sticking out all over. The other was in a really small pot with algae on the surface, and looked kind of sickly.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we post bad reviews of companies on here?
    I don't like posting negative statements, but on the other hand, it seems
    that letting other people know about one's experiences, both good and
    bad, is extremely useful. That way, we can reward the good vendors with
    our patronage, and ensure that they stay in business, and we can eliminate
    bad vendors. Everyone wins, except those who would employ poor business
    practices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you. Had I known that there were a lot of people unhappy with their experiences with this vendor, I would not have ordered from them in the first place.
    "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet."

my growlist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my one experience with them was the easter basket confetti as well (and a sad looking plant) I wasn't real impressed and I have not been back

but on the subject of should we or shouldn't we, I don't think its fair to prohibit good comments but allow bad... it would be too easy for a few to taint the waters so to speak, after all we are taking about what could be a considerable amount of money

at some point the integrity of the group itself comes into question IMHO, I've seen similar situations just about destroy what was once a very good and honorable web group (unrelated subject)

I would advise that the admins consider this matter carefully,

IMHO any such post should have to be submitted and approved. This should only occur after the admins have contacted the vendor for their side of the story and possible resolution. Then and only then should it be posted.

This should also help prevent the resultant flame wars from satisfied/unsatisfied customers/friends/etc

There is a heavy responsibility when dealing with someone's livelihood and reputation

but thats just one mans opinion

Av

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast