What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First D. capensis flower!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Wow, all of my D. capensis flower stalks got done developing, I went over just now and the flower is opening up! It's pretty and pink! Why don't people think Drosera flowers are pretty? I mean, I never deal with ANY flowers of ANY type out of CPing right now, maybe that's why...

Here the 1st opened a few days ago. They only last a few hours open, but they give us a new flower everyday for some weeks :)

True, I wish they would last for 8-9 hours now so my mom could see it, but oh well! I noticed the green skin or whatever that is enveloping the flower began to split one by one every day or two, and then it just started opening a half hour or so ago, I went over and looked. There is two other flowers breaking the green skin too, just starting though. The second flower stalk has none of that yet.

But why doesn't anyone think they aren't pretty?

Ah, well, I hope I can capture the seeds somehow before the flower stalk breaks, I don't want to see thousands of the little suckers taking over my pots.

LOL. What if I put it outside? Uh oh. Too bad not all soil is peat moss!

I also just figured out what one of my unidentified plants was! D. ordensis, same light green powdery white colouring, same type of tentacles at the end, and tons of growth in the center. I thought it was Lanata.

Back