What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multifada 'extrema' flower stalk

I noticed my extrema was sprouting what looked like a flower stalk, when I checked in savage garden, it recommended snipping off flowers. I wondered if anyone had any opinions on this, I mean most other Drosera flower prolifically and self-seed with out any problems.

Here's a pic,

May06_125.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

I was actually given seeds of D. multifida extrema x marston dragon, so there must be a way of getting them to pollinate and have viable seeds. You could always do leaf cuttings as a backup.

I was actually given seeds of D. multifida extrema x marston dragon, so there must be a way of getting them to pollinate and have viable seeds. You could always do leaf cuttings as a backup.

Like me :boogie:

This Drosera flowers easily and every year for me with multiple stalks. The flowers are not that showy so i do usually cut them off to force more leaf production.
It's up to you!
Peter.

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll let it stay and see if it will self.

thanks,
chris

I think that most or all plants in the binata group are not self-fertile. They produce seed, but most of the time it's not fertile, if I recall. You'll need a different clone to cross it with if you want seedlings. I've heard of them selfing before, but I'm fairly certain that only a few special varieties are self-fertile.
~Joe

Back