Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lance leaf sundew Problems

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with the Bright indirect light. I tried growing mine in direct sun and ended up getting a replacement from Adnedarn. I now grow it in full sun in my south window and it's doing well. Mind you, it's one of those thermal windows that cut down on the UV and infrared light. So while it's bright, it lacks the punch of direct sunlight.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm going to try to get some perlite so I can replant it in a mixture instead of 100% peat moss. Also, does it matter if its a clay pot or plastic pot cause I read that plastic pots are better?

If I were to grow it by 100% artificial light, would a 27Watt 1300 Lumen light bulb which is on for 15 hours be enough for lance leaf sundews? and how far away should it be kept?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally plastic pots are considered best for most CPs. Clay pots can absorb minerals disolved in the water and then release them back into the peat when they are older. Or you can use a clay pot that has been sealed or glazed so that water can't soak into it's inner surface.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overmind1632 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to try to get some perlite so I can replant it in a mixture instead of 100% peat moss. Also, does it matter if its a clay pot or plastic pot cause I read that plastic pots are better?

If I were to grow it by 100% artificial light, would a 27Watt 1300 Lumen light bulb which is on for 15 hours be enough for lance leaf sundews? and how far away should it be kept?
    4-6 inches would be good I would think, but, the plant probably won't make much dew, it needs more light.

Light light light. A second bulb would be better, and they need to be fluorescent.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm are you guys sure it needs more light cause all the old leaves look completly dried out which explains the lack of dew, im still waiting for the new leaves to fully develop to see if they have any dew

also, could some1 explain in detail about the amount of sun/light it needs

morning sun? so only morning sun from like when to when? and then means no sun at all after the times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only been a week. They should be still dried out. They will stay this way from a lack of light.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so could some1 explain in detail the amount of light it needs cause just saying putting it on a sunny window doesnt help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overmind1632 View Post
    ok so could some1 explain in detail the amount of light it needs cause just saying putting it on a sunny window doesnt help
    Put it in a south or west window with a sheer (almost see through) curtain filtering out the Sun a bit. It's that simple.

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast