What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propagation of Annual Sundews

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
Yeah, so basically I was wondering if you can take like leaf cuttings of annual sundews, I know that burmannii cuttings don't work, but possibly others? I'm thinking of D. Indica in particular. Thanks

- Jeff

Root cuttings.

decapitation has also worked with D. indica. cutting off the top half or so and placing it in soil
Alex

How about a D. capensis? Can you get a leaf cutting of that and plant it?

D. capensis is a perennial but yes, you can take leaf cuttings. It's best done early in the growing season. Snip the leaf off near the petiole and place it flat on the medium, tentacle side up. Use a pinch of peat or butterfly mounting pins laid across the ends of the leaf to hold it down. Leave as much of the tentacles uncovered as possible. Use a leaf that hasn't any bits of insect on it if possible to reduce chance of fungus growth. Give it plenty of light and humidity.

How about a D. capensis? Can you get a leaf cutting of that and plant it?

Forget the leaf cutting! All ya need is one flower stalk... and you're set for life!

Back