Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ugh, now what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh, now what?

My adelae was doing pretty good recently. Then i kept reading the adelae didn't like a whole lot of direct sunlight so i moved it in my window to give it a bit less. So after one day of that i come home and alot of the leaves look brownish. I was like.. hmm.. maybe just the old leaves are turning brown. After all the newest one was still green.

So today after i put it back to where it was the day before to see if things helped, now that one leave is still nice and green, but all the others are getting browner. There is a new leaf coming in and it was about to open up like normal but it has browned now too, so there goes the idea that the old ones were browning. So whats up here? How can even the brand new leaf coming in be screwed? I've been watering the same keeping it damp and such. Only thing that seems to have changed is the lighting but it was only for a day. Could anything else be ailing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yaric View Post
    My adelae was doing pretty good recently. Then i kept reading the adelae didn't like a whole lot of direct sunlight so i moved it in my window to give it a bit less. So after one day of that i come home and alot of the leaves look brownish. I was like.. hmm.. maybe just the old leaves are turning brown. After all the newest one was still green.

So today after i put it back to where it was the day before to see if things helped, now that one leave is still nice and green, but all the others are getting browner. There is a new leaf coming in and it was about to open up like normal but it has browned now too, so there goes the idea that the old ones were browning. So whats up here? How can even the brand new leaf coming in be screwed? I've been watering the same keeping it damp and such. Only thing that seems to have changed is the lighting but it was only for a day. Could anything else be ailing it?
    I'd have to guess it was the change in conditions. Where was it before? If it had dewy leaves and was happy there is no need to move it. Moving it to a less sunny windowsill back to wherever it was wasn't the best idea with no acclimation. If it was in a terrarium then the rapid extreme drop of humidity would be a huge problem in this.

~NeciFiX
    - NeciFiX

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it wasn't very dewy, that's why i moved it.

My philosophy is... If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yaric View Post
    Well it wasn't very dewy, that's why i moved it.

My philosophy is... If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
    That reminds me of the time when I said to myself "You Can't Always Get What You want but if you try hard you might just find you get what you need". Then I found out that I don't need any CP's to survive or anything so if I try hard all my CP's will die.

Uh oh! Lol. Well, yes, leave it to adjust then. Back and forth is NOT helpful...
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well two days in the usual spot and it's doing bad. All the dew is gone and it's rapidly turning brown. Here is a picture.

It's looking pretty ragidy, it's like someone came and poisoned it. I'm using distilled water for it. I don't get it. On a better note, my fly traps are doing great now outside. Just all my sundews are dying inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaric
    I have had a very similar burn problem, adelae is very senstitive to any chemicals especially fertilizers, i burned a whole tray of these when fertilizer/insecticide was sprayed in the general area
    regards
    ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaric
    adelae will burn easily when it comes in contact or near certain insecticides and almost all fertilizers, that is what it looks like to me, even a chemical drift will do it
    regards
    ed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast