What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i plant a bare root plant

• Thread starter VTFlover
  • Start date
i just got one and dont no wat to do... i also have a 60 watt floresent how many inces should it be above the plant?

Your PM was correct. just make a hole to fit the roots, set them in there push the media back around the plant. As far as the lamp, it should be fine. But a window would work too.

kk thx for the plant they look a good there sprouting a whole bunch of new leafs up

my sundew arent dewy is this just from shipping or should i change the conditions

if it was bareroot, give them a few days/weeks.

Also the best tool I have found for potting small plants and seedlings is a pencil. The sharp end makes a nice hole, and the eraser makes nice work of pushing the media back in place.

tangle the roots gently in a single strand of some high quality sphagnum, then plant that in whatever media your using. the roots recover very quickly this way.

Back