What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my sundews arent dewy

is it just beacuse they were recently shipped?

Lack of sufficient light is usually the problem.

xvart.

k they were just shipped in a box so thats it thanks

There will be an acclimation period. Won't take long for them to perk up and be happy. Decent light will defiantly help speed up the process.
Andrew

Didn't you get them like... a few days ago? Dude! It will probably be WEEKS before it starts making any new traps that won't die off and more than a month until it's fully acclimated. YOU. NEED. TO. WAIT. simple as that really.

Didn't you get them like... a few days ago? Dude! It will probably be WEEKS before it starts making any new traps that won't die off and more than a month until it's fully acclimated. YOU. NEED. TO. WAIT. simple as that really.

Woah, relax, lol. D. capensis doesn't take weeks to readjust (unless they got shipped to the moon and back by Ace Ventura). Give it a few days and then give some more light if it still hasn't formed then add some more light.

xvart.

Woah, relax, lol. D. capensis doesn't take weeks to readjust (unless they got shipped to the moon and back by Ace Ventura). Give it a few days and then give some more light if it still hasn't formed then add some more light.

xvart.

Oh, it's D. capensis? Well in that case...

Yeah, D. capensis... and he got them the same evening that he posted this. I agree with the few days thing... They'll come around pretty quickly :)

how often should i change the water in the tray that i put the plant in

Instead of double posting, you should go back and edit your first post.

You can just refill it every time when it has evaporated, or you can change it whenever you think it looks nasty. FYI, a brown color is just tannins in the water and it doesn't mean the water needs changing.

Capensis ? Mine got shipped from hawaii,to oregon !!!
I was dewy in a week I think :D I have killed rosseted drosera
due to aclimation I think they are more subseteble to shock.
I have had some drosera in my bog garden take a month to start
growing if they get a hard shipment.

and i should just leave the pot in a tray with water and thats good for watering?

Back