What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew Capensis flower!

tommyr

Gardening freak!
One of my Capensis I got about a month ago! Flower is about 1/4 inch in diameter:

IMG_0230.jpg

cherish the first, dread the rest. you'll never see the end of these

pity...my flowers on capes never open that wide....hmmmmm. very nice pic too! its tough to get a pic of something as small as a Drosera flower
Alex

pity...my flowers on capes never open that wide....hmmmmm. very nice pic too! its tough to get a pic of something as small as a Drosera flower
Alex

The camera is a Canon A630, it does great macros. I just got it about 2 months ago.
The flowers open up but not for long. They open almost like tulips, open in the day,close at night. Sometimes they close at various times of the day.

Haha I loved my first, but I cut them off from now on.

I was in denial about the whole 'capensis being a weed thing,' until I found some little ones growing with one of my pygmy sundews...what did I do? I transplanted them into my 'capensis forest in progress!' perhaps I'm still in denial?...or maybe I'm just evil! :devil:

About as impressive as the D. adelae flower pic!

About as impressive as the D. adelae flower pic!

Thanks Jim. I love my new camera. Those were hand held photos too, no tripod.

Tom

If only you weren't at the end of the Thruway....:jester:

Back