User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pygmy drosera is looking like it is going to form gemmae...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine too, still with new leaves. But one plant seems "crowded" in the middle. I'll try and get some pics to post. The pot has been receiving soft light and kept in the wine cooler for 14 hours as my ambient temperatures will not go below 75F.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of mine have that too
    I placed them in the fridge that is set to 40F so at night I can leave them there. They are not as dewy as usual,they have a minimal amount of dew perhaps they did not enjoy me clipping of some of there dead leafs or maybe they are gemaeing ( ) When I clipped the leafs I did not hurt them so they are most likely putting energy into gemaeing.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pygmy sundews can be very sensitive and if just bumped, it could kill the plant. Not that happens all the time. It's just that the slightest disturbance has that potential. That's why shipping plants is very risky and gemmae are very easy to ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There doing better,jimscott I had some very strange things happen with these guys the survived fine barerooting maybe a supoer genetic strand of pygmy drosera (joking). I musta been just lucky on that one, every night(starting on doing it) I am putting them in my moms temperture controlled fridge at night to get them to produce faster they seem okay. On the bare rooting I can hardly belive they lived I carefuly took each one out then washed of the of the soil according to the law. Only one died and one guy just sprouted after about 4 monthes the rest are bigger then ever. I moved from hawaii around 5 months ago (?) When I was going to ship them I tried to get them dormant but to minimal success maybe they got dormant but showed no signs of it exept no growth in hawaii ? What I did was put them in a big piot and all then let them bake. Well long post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay they have to be making gemae !!
    There growing point is getting bigger and they are not making leafs really. I think putting them in the fridge at night will speed up the proccess greatly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had pics to show but the plants are weird. They are putting out larger and longer leaves!
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay this is gotta be gemae

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12