Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 cape sundew seeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 1000 cape sundew seeds!

I recently ordered 1000 cape sundew seeds. I want to breed them and sell them. (or maybe grow them in mah ears) What do you think I should do with the rest? Oh, and by the way, should I use sphagnum peat moss/perlite, or sphagnum moss/sand? I''m thinking of making a jungle of sundews. And by the way, is D. aliciae an annual? does it require dormancy?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, you could likely get all you want for free around here... I probably have millions sitting around. They'll grow anywhere you want them to that is a CP media, that's why it is generally considered a weed. Make sure you don't sell them here though haha... I've listed them on my store since it opened, but really I give them away more than anything
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,000 seeds!!!! Send them to Ozzy! You could donate them to schools, for science / biology classes.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyfrye View Post
    I recently ordered 1000 cape sundew seeds. I want to breed them and sell them. (or maybe grow them in mah ears) What do you think I should do with the rest? Oh, and by the way, should I use sphagnum peat moss/perlite, or sphagnum moss/sand? I''m thinking of making a jungle of sundews. And by the way, is D. aliciae an annual? does it require dormancy?
    You only need one D. capensis seed to reach flowering size and you will have a jungle of them in very short order.

D. aliciae is not a temperate species that I am aware of. I grew mine indoors for about 4 years before I gave it away a couple weeks ago.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera aliciae is a subtropical sundew from South Africa, not far from the same regions that D. capensis grows. They grow year round, no dormancy required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uproot all the grass in your lawn and plant capensis instead. Or grow as many as you can and put an ad in the newspaper. Get the whole region addicted! OR wait till they all flower and get 100,000 seeds. sell them for 1 cent each and get 1000 dollars!

a mix of 1/2 sphagnum peat moss to 1/2 sand works very well for most dews, including capensis. Good luck on that sundew jungle, I've considered doing something like that but then got lazy or lost interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sell them for 1 cent each and get 1000 dollars!
    theres eBay for ya....
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did send ozzy a good size clump of D. capensis plants lol they should be flowering about now i'd guess.. Figure a normal zip lock bag Think of the bottom of that filled with seed about 1/4-1/3" in seed. It's a lot.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast