What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a couple of pictures

D. brevifolia getting bigger slowly
DSCN5938.jpg

D. pulchella starting to make flowers for some reason
DSCN5939.jpg

D. paleacea ssp. paleacea
DSCN5940.jpg

D. scorpioides
DSCN5941.jpg

You can see the shadow of two bugs
DSCN5942.jpg

-Ben

Nice pics!

I don't have any pygmies yet. I've heard they can be rather temperamental and slow growing.

Is this true to your experience?

Graet looking plants! I think my pygmies are still barely producing flowers... haven't looked at them this week. It's still summer in Buffalo!

Pygmy sundews are temperamental is the plants are disturbed. They grow pretty quickly from gemmae and are adult plants in one year, so their growth after that isn't like that of a capensis.

Nice pics!

I don't have any pygmies yet. I've heard they can be rather temperamental and slow growing.

Is this true to your experience?

Thanks. I haven't paid much attention to them, but the little ones seem to grow faster than the D. scorpioides. The D. pulchella, especially. They seem to be really easy to grow for me.

Graet looking plants! I think my pygmies are still barely producing flowers... haven't looked at them this week. It's still summer in Buffalo!

Thanks. When I bought the D. pulchella, they already had flowers on them, and started making a few more in my care. This was like in early July. Now, they are doing it again, and I guess more on schedule? Do pygmies tend to make flowers & gemmae during the winter months?

-Ben

Back