What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New drosera (from carniflora...)

Didn't go to the plant nursery for a while, and my parents went there today and they brought me this drosera that was sitting there for a while (and me that used to go there every couple of weeks, could have got it in better shape :-( )

drosera02800x775qe4.jpg

drosera01gw2.jpg

It seems some petiolaris complex carniflora mongrel to me, and still there is green so there is a chance it may recover, or just dormant? I don't know much about petiolaris complex, so any advices on this one I'll appreciate (lighting, watering, conditions for winter and that kind of stuff) ;)

Looks like paradoxa or a paradoxa hybrid. Pyro is one of the experts but he probably won't check in until tomorrow.

Tropical - plenty of light, high humidity, temps 26C to 32C is probably best. There's plenty of green so it's probably ok. Looks like it is flowering. These expect a dry season in winter for dromancy, however they seem to go dormant on a whim. For now I'd get it into a tank and put it in a tray with about .5 cm of water in the tray. Add to about the same when that is gone. If the plant shows growth you can probably up the water level to 2-3 cm.

looks like its prolly paradoxa to me.....just give it some good light and some warmth and it should snap out of it.....maybe cut the flower stalk off but in my experiance this doesnt do much if it is paradoxa, it just starts making another........

It's recovering! :-D

So far I've found 3 different shoots, here are the pics:

A fused leaf

;)

Definitely some sort of Petiolaris complex sundew

Back