What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera binata ssp. dichotoma

CP_dude

future nursury owner...i hope
Drosera binata ssp. dichotoma is only supposed to fork 4 times fully grown right?

cause i have one that forking 6 times, is that normal, or some kind of genetic fluke?

I have dichtoma 1 fork no idea why.....

Depending on the form "ssp" dichotoma can for anywhere from once up to 12 times.

That's alright... I've got D. 'Marston Dragon x Multifida Extrema' and it only produces 2 'natas. In contrast, I have a straight up binata that gives 2-4 of them.

Seriously, if you want to keep the fork count high, take leaf cuttings. If your plant flowers and you actually get viable seeds, you may end up with something that reverts back to plain old binata. Key word is 'may'.

it does have a lot of leaves on it, maybe i will cut a few, but it hasn'tflowered yet for some reason, it's certainly old enough to ???

I have plain binata,all have 1 fork,
well I am looking for some that fork like more then 1 time :D
I am still looking for some affordable binata that forks more than 1 time or maybe mulitfida. My dichtoma is golden colour.

hmm, mine's more of a green/red color, maybe it's the difference in lighting?

Your plain Binata should start forking more as it matures, how old is it?

Maybe a year,I have 3 binatas,one that has flowered that is red,another one same as the flowering one),(these 2 came from a nursery)one that is small that is red(from sarracenia shawn) Dichtoma(from sarracenia shawn) There in my terrarium with bright light so I will see if they will fork. I am still looking for "Marston Dragon" and other wacky ones.

their pretty easy to find, i could buy one right now, but i just don't have the room for that mane forks ^_^

Back