This late Spring through Summer was a busy time for my wife, Diane and I, we were kept busy with some of life's distractions.
Well to abbreviate, I failed to water my main tray of full-size Drosera 'Big Easy' plants in 3 inch pots. They were dry long enough for all their leaves to dry to a black crunchy --- I gave up on them and left them in their dry tray for the next three to four months. Things began to settle down and I was finally able to start tending to my plants again. As I picked up the tray of Drosera 'Big Easy', intending to throw them out, clean their pots for reuse, I noticed that despite being very dry from 3-4 months there were many sprouts showing through the masses of black, crunchy, dead leaves. So instead of throwing them out, I watered them and recently trimmed away all the old dead leaves to see a virtual forest of Drosera 'Big Easy'.
This Phoenix act was entirely unexpected. I have an even better respect for this Drosera clone. A non-tuberous drought-proof Drosera where I never expected to find one.