No new miraculous health improvement to report, though I am keeping my hopes up! After further consideration though I did some schedule rearranging and took 15 minutes (thanks for your help Matt!) and installed a small grow light for supplemental lighting on the as yet unexpanded windowsill.
As you can see the light is really only needed to extend photoperiod as this is about as dim as this window gets in the afternoons until the sun starts to set. The light is not fixed in position so I can raise and lower as conditions need, was thinking to go a little lower actually.
While setting the Cape back on the windowsill I did make another discovery.
This was a first for me. All previous attempts at getting sundew seeds to sprout failed in a blaze of mold. This is the first Drosera seedling I have ever seen in person! I got all giggly and excited. It is so cute!
So there it is, an update on the status of my rescue and re-newbdom.
If I was this fussy and nervous the first time it is a wonder anyone managed to put up with me at all!