What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dew Drops

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I walked into the kitchen where my Dewy Pine spends the winter and notice the sun was hitting some leaves perfectly to get some nice back lit pictures.
I had to get the tripod out of the car, find my quick release for the head. Remembered that the head was still in the trunk of the car, back to the car.............till I gathered everything up the shot had about passed. I quickly snapped a few hand-held macro shots.......yeah that will work. LOL None of the shots where to my liking.

So i took the plant into the garage where I had room to take some shots with the tripod. I was not able to reproduce the effect of the back lit sun would have made, but a few turned out ok.

I think the lighting on the last one makes it the best shot. What do you think?

Dewy-Pine-Tripod-posts.jpg

Dewy-Pine-Tripod-013-posts.jpg

Dewy-Pine-Tripod-006-posts.jpg

I've always wanted a Drosophyllum... Excellent photo! Brings out the beauty of the plant.

Yeah! Same here!

That is an amazing picture of an AMAZING plant!

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I'd say the last one is the best. Photography is a grand hobby, isn't it? Doesn't take much training, just a good eye and a decent camera.

The first one is amazing.

xvart.

dew drops

Spectacular red dew drops with the green. Nioce coloration. So that is from a dewey pine?

I feel like a moth flying towards the candle when I look at the first pic...spiral in, spiral in...

It's such a well take set of photos. The first one looks eerily unreal! And the third has awesome light. I should try on a filiformis!

Back