What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just when things seemed to be going so well....

im stricken with a mite problem on my D. capensis
can you submerge them to kill the mites?
the only way i noticed them was when i looked under a microscope to look at one of my D. capensis seedlings, which had mites all over it -_-
very small and polka dotted.
god dammit just when i thought i had things going so swell, and its not like i can manually remove them either.
my plant seems to be ok and i think they are targetting my seedlings
but idk what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
plant is submerged, i will remove it in 2 or 3 days time to check for the mites again.

Looking at them under a microscope!? Wowsers, thats some dedication.

ok then... you have a microscope?!

lol yeah i do, im taking college biology and marine biology classes so it is almost required to have one

before you submerge them you should find out some other techniques to get rid of mites.
i have never had problems with pests so I dont know

i dont want to take the risk
i have already submerged them
and they will stay that way for 3 days or so

Submerging it for a day or two will be just fine. Many people do this to get rid of pests.

xvart.

Submerging them is the quickest, easiest and probably most thorough way to get rid of them.

Be sure to check your other plants for infestations.

If D. capensis was growing at ground-zero of a nuclear blast it would probably be the first plant to start growing there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
removed the plant 10 minutes ago
seedlings are fine!
plant is even starting to flower!
and it had all sorts of new leaves coming out of all 3 plants :D

Back