What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. 'Marston Dragon' question(s)

I am trying to find out whether Drosera 'Marston Dragon' goes dormant or not, i've searched the forums but couldn't find much, and when i google i'm finding mismatching info:-(. Btw, are they easy plants to grow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well D. binata can go dormant but it is "if",
like mine went dormant on my windowsill so I put them in my tank then they came back quickly They will stop growing in cooler low light conditions.
If you wish to keep them growing just some good light and warmth
Oh D. binata are very easy to grow right along with D. capensis, the reason you don't see them as much as D. capensis is they do not produce seed(usually) unless cross pollinated with a different form

All I know is that they don't have the same cold tolerance that a striaght up D. binata does. Mine stays on a cool window sill for the winter

It does not. According to THE book, as well as a plant i own. My plant slows down in winter, but still keeps on growing...
Peter

Wel plain D. binata goes dormant not sure about others

It is pretty easy to grow, but not as easily propogated from leaf cuttings as a plain old D. binata.

D. binata:

D_binata.jpg

MM x ME

AF003801.jpg

i'm hearing replies such as "can", "does not", and a maybe. Which one is it? Does it go dormant? :-(

probably... possibly.... maybe...

It should be treated as a plant that does not require dormancy. Mine is doing well at a window sill, not dormant.

There are several dews that go dormant in the wild but will not necessarily go dormant in cultivation. They can go dormant, but usually won't. Sometimes they do for whatever reason.

xvart.

Well I have aot of D. binata, I am have been propogating them liek crazy so this spring I will have a give away since I am gonna chop up the adults and have leafs in water :D

Back