What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmannii

johnnyfrye

I like drosera.
I have read on some websites that D. burmannii can be grown longer than a year if the soil is kept damp year round. ??? Is this true, or is it just a rumor? I have alot of D. burmannii right now and I'd like to keep them growing as long as possible. Thanks!

-Johnny

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't think that's true since my D. burmannii lasted about 18 months and the soil was'nt
always wet.The most important thing to keep them longer is cut of thee flower stalks.
Good Luck,
Adrian

after about 8 months they get leggy and unatractive even if you keep the soil wet and flower stalks cut.. i just let them grow, flower, set seed and wait for the next generation. if given good heat and light they will also send up WAY over 1 stalk...more like 6-10

alex

Well I have seed that will be sown soon :D
They like heat so I'll gve them CFL heat :-))
So they just live for like 8 months then they flower then seed then croak I guess....

These can be biennials meaning they could go through two full growth seasons before completing their life-cycle. Depends on the conditions. They can grow longer if you clip the flowers. However you should let them set seed at some point as they will eventually die. Seed will ensure you will still have a continuing supply of plants.

Okay :D I am setting up a moastly drosera 55 gallon tank soon D. burmannii will be a resident :)

Back