What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I try to move them?

• Thread starter yaric
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby
My old Adalae basically died but not before it shot up two babies from it's roots. The babies are doing terrific now!

Anyways, the problem is they are growing right next to each other, one is getting big fast and the other one is going slower. Should I try to move them? They seem so small that I almost dont want to try to move them as i'll probably goof them all up. But now they are just running into each other.

007.jpg

003.jpg

Here are their baby pictures...

pic001.jpg

pic0011.jpg

Just leave them. It's just like in the wild. And, after it happens several times you will have one of those huge clumps like seen in some pictures.

xvart.

I'd leave them too, since they appear to have plenty of dew. They will do just fine close together. However, if you feel the need to move one of the plantlets so they have more room, adelae is probably one of the easiest plants I have ever divided/transplanted.

Sweet, well I guess i'll just leave them then. They seem to be doing great, I guess they have sort of adapted to the lighting in the window their. Their mom didn't ever seem to adapt completely and eventually just stopped putting out leaves. They also seem to catch a nice array of bugs in the window sill.

They eventually become independent plants.

I'd leave them alone.

Leave em. If you wait long enough you'll have millions.

I sometimes take a few and start new pots of them, man they take off like crazy! All mine are spiking right now!

Just leave them. It's just like in the wild. And, after it happens several times you will have one of those huge clumps like seen in some pictures.

xvart.

Yeah, like everyone said, don't worry about separating your two adelaes. Here are pics of mine after they filled out.

adelae4.jpg

adelae3.jpg

adelae1.jpg

Yum! How can anyone not just love a plant that looks like that! Sticky red dots everywhere.

Nice pics.

I let mine make all the babies it wants and that way you get a nice full pot like the pics above.

Sweetness. I can't wait for my pot to do that :banana2:

Back