What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 day old capes

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
They're so tiny. Here they are at 3 days old.
They took 16 days to germinate, so it's 19 days since I sowed them.

DSCI0026.jpg

I hate to admit my lack of memory, so please excuse, but will the member
that traded me these D. capensis red and albino seeds please PM me.
Thanks for the seeds.
Tom

Nice healthy little seedlings. Give it 6 months and they'll be flowering and you'll have hundreds of them...

Adorable. It's so odd how sundews look nothing like their future, mature selves when they're young.

Nice germination Junior. :)

Just don't do what I did (by accident) and sow the seeds too close together.

YIKES! It's gonna be a freakin' forest of Capes. :headwall:

crowded_capes.jpg

Fryster, I sure would not want to be an ant in that pot. Talk about try to navigate your way through a forest...
Even my avitar would get stuck in that jungle. :help:

I KNOW!!

You know how uber-tiny those seeds are, and as light as pepper flakes. It is impossible to place them as you want them. Oh well, I got a forest goin' on here. ;)

I'll 'prolly re-pot a lot of them and give them to friends and co-workers.

question for you both, are those just normal capes? I have some babies that are the red leaf variety, and they are starting to fade, still growing pretty strong but going away from that green color.

Yes. Mine are typical capes.

You sure you're giving them enough light? I've heard if they don't the color fades.

Nice. It's great to grow anything from seeds. Have fun with those.

Yeah, I am sure these will be fine. All I keep reading is how hardy these guys are... they could probably survive nuclear winter. . . .

Nice!
Mine were bigger befor I even noticed them....you have good eye-sight.

I just received some capensis seed from a member here and am waiting for it to sprout, and I think I'm going to end up with a forest too. How old should you let them get before you prick them out? and, do you guys typically thin them out, and what criteria should be used to find the best/most vigorous/desirable seedlings?

Back