What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evil Experiment

Is it actually possible to cross breed a D. capensis and D. aliciae (even though I don't have a Capensis, but I am soon!)? Muhahaha!:-))

Depends how long ago they branched off the evolutionary tree/bush. If they have a common ancestor from which they split off of recently, then there's a good chance you can cross them. Btw, what's so evil about crossing them o_O?

Yeah i am lost what is so evil about it? :crazy:

maybe he just wants to make a very invasive hybrid muahhaaaa!!!

That hybrid has been made before. I'm not sure if it is still in cultivation, however.
For some strange reason, D.capensis x aliciae is supposed to be very difficult to grow.

found a pic of it online. It grows like a normal capensis but doesn't form a stem over time
Drosera_aliciae_x_capensis_albino_311007.JPG

IT looks ok i wouldnt go out of my way to make one though:jester:

I couldn't think of a title, but, I was hoping it would looked more awesome. Oh well. Plus, I don't have a Regia.

id like to see an red dentate VFT (talking bout cross breeding/ mutations here)... thatd be intimidating! :D
oooh!!! or rajah lowii (neps)

Alright I want some hybrid drosera :D

What about a hybrid between a D.capensis and... a pygmy sundew, that would be weird.

i dont think its possible genetically because a capensis is from africa and pygs are from down under mostly and flower size sperm size etc... but im guessin

i dont think its possible genetically because a capensis is from africa and pygs are from down under mostly and flower size sperm size etc... but im guessin

True, so I guess Capensis x any other south african Drosera.

Back