What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera falconeri pulling

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
From Pyro's end-of-summer give-away last year I got a few Drosera falconeri. Quite a few leaves and root fragments broke off when rinsing out the agar medium. I tossed those into a cup of water and let them sit under lights. One leaf struck and I eventually potted it up.

Here it is in the middle of Feb:

07020006.jpg

And about a month later:

07040007.jpg

The silver object is a common straight pin that came out of a new shirt. Note the odd coloring on the leaf at 3 O'Clock. Too bad it doesn't do that all the time.

Unlike the parant plant it has yet to turn red but it looks like it may be dividing into 2 or 3 plants.

Here's the parent plant in mid Feb and about a month later respectively:

07020008.jpg

07040009.jpg

Thanks Pyro!

i did pull 5 leaves of mine this winter....covered the petiol with lfs, place a humidity dome and put everything in a water tray. in about 2 weeks i had 2 of them that i transplanted and doing well...the rest of the leaves died. they look like yours...green, not like the parent plant...but they are also alot more smaller.

It looks like three growth points to me (gaging by the first picture). Is that common for D. falconeri to not get the red color until they mature more?

xvart.

Is that common for D. falconeri to not get the red color until they mature more?

The only thing "common" about falcos is that they are schizophrenic. I have pulled plants from flask that were high red and had them shift to lime green in a week. And by contrast I have had plants that came out almost white from etiolation (they get a little light deprived when they hyper clump in multiplication media) turn near purple. The best part though is that in 6 months they can switch colours again. Or not... There is really just no telling. ???

Glad it is doing well for you NaN.

Great job cultivating!

Back