What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petiolaris Like it HOT

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
My D. lanata has been growing for a year now kind of just putting along. I really don't have a place inside or outside to keep the temperature above 80s like petiolaris prefer in the winter so I just moved my D. lanata outside 2 weeks ago where it is 100 degrees and sunny in the in-screened porch. The lanatas love it.

Dlanata011.jpg

Dlanata013.jpg

Dlanata012.jpg

Looks like they might have had an adjustment period before thriving!

Sure did. I made several divisions from the mother plant about 6 months ago and I got some new plants but all of them seemed to stall at temps in the 70s so I just put them on my porch where its been in the 90s/100s and they took off. I just need two to flower now to get some seed.

I just need two to flower now to get some seed.
2 different clones (not divisions from the mother plant....).

Last summer, I stuck a few D. paradoxas in a 10 gallon tank w/ glass covering the top (except for 1/2" on either end) and placed the tank on our blacktop driveway - sun all day long. They bloomed all summer and loved it. Another grower kept telling me to boost my temps over 110*F during the day to make them happy. I don't know what temps are 'too' hot for these guys but it's gotta be really up there....

Back