What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird "double flower"

Anybody have this before? It looks like this capensis has two sets of flowers forming on the same stalk. This'll come in handy when the typical 400 billion cape seeds just won't do.

ilbasso

(please pardon the horrible cell phone pic)

I have tons of those "double flowers." Almost every flower my pot of capensis sends up is split like that. And yes, they all make seed :0o:

Awesome! I've never seen that, personally.

I have tons of those "double flowers." Almost every flower my pot of capensis sends up is split like that. And yes, they all make seed :0o:

are you living down the street from some freaky power plant or something??

This'll come in handy when the typical 400 billion cape seeds just won't do.

AHHHH! The horror! I sure hope almost three states is a safe enough distance.

xvart.

My white flowered D. capensis just did that.

Is it from certain plants? Perhaps you have a new possible cultivar...

I just got one of these double flowers for the first time.

Capensis are trying to take over the world....>_< 400billion wasnt enough, just had to go and shoot for the trillion mark.....>_< my capensis is flowering, i just hope it doesnt double flower....

They're pretty uncommon around here... I don't think I've ever had one, and I've grown loads of Capes!

last year i had a 3 doubles and a triple come off my 4 capes i had. quite a show =]

Alex

Mine is doing that, I thought it was supposed to do it. Sometimes two of the flowers open at the same time.

ive had a few of mine do that -- what about starting a cape lawn? I think thats something I may just try out next year, LOL.

Back