Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How Big Do D. Kennealyii Get?

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How Big Do D. Kennealyii Get?

Ok just wondering what is the size that D. Kennealyii get? My so called little bushy kids are no longer little there HUGE!!!!!! Just not to long ago i posted pics of them right after repotting them. Now it looks as if i may need to repot again. Now they both get the exact same growing conditions, same potting media, same light, same amount of humidity and water and ect. ect. ect.. Anyways one is clearly larger with wider long leafs and much bigger dewy pads with more red coloring while the other is bushier, skinny leafs, smaller dewy pads and less red color.
    This was back when i repotted them.

This is them today, my hand inbetween them.

side by side,

The bigger one with more red color,

The smaller bushier one with lighter color,

You can clearly see the diffrence in the 2 of them.. They have QUICKLY overgrown there pots. My little bushy babies aint little no more.. LOL!!!!! How big can these dews get??
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC the large size of the distribution is 15cm but that is a rarity. 8-10cm or so is normal.

However, I think the reason yours look so big is because each pot there has no fewer than 3 plants in it Divide the individual plants out and they will look a little smaller
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, those look great!

I think that you have got hold of some healthy specimens.

Healthy stock begets healthy offspring and so on and so on........
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's huge! The lanata that I have is ~2" in diameter and your plants are bigger than that. They're monsters!

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.....
    Pyro how do i go about seperating them without stressing or killing them? There root systom is all intwined tightly and i dont think i can seperate that without hurtting them.. Do i wait till they go dormant to do this?? Or leave them as they are?

I kinda like the bushiness.. LOL!! They are not slowing down in growth at all, seems like each time i repot them even though they stress alittle for a few days after repotting they come back with super fast growth, almost as if there saying, "Hey mom you keep repotting we will keep growing bigger and faster." These dews are deffinately my favs...
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cuda,

I just tip pot and tear apart but then I always rough with mine LOL. Usually they come apart pretty easy cause they self separate and the only ting holding them together is just old dead material.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--