What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TC Photos of CPs!

Hello folks, here is me sharing a few photographs of the tissue culture antics. I have found, that these grow pretty nicely in tissue culture. I also can get them in and leave them there and pack them in while on the table they take much more space outside.

Adelae
adelae.jpg

Burmanii
burmanii.jpg

Byblis
byblis.jpg

Capensis: an old one but good one, they are very slow growing in tissue culture.

capensis.jpg

Drosera Gigantea: probably one of the biggest within the drosera...

droseragigantea.jpg

Filiformis: it's finally getting returned looking like the way it is supposed to.
filiformis.jpg

Hartemeyororum: Those yellow structures are supposed to be lanterns. When the sunlight shines on them they are supposed to glow. As an added bonus, this drosera is supposed to smell like citrus.

hartemeyororum.jpg

Indica: they're all looking like they're doing a little bit of morning exercise because they're tilted a bit to one side.

indica.jpg

Ionantha: well, it's not carnivorous...

ionantha.jpg

Ordensis:
ordensis.jpg

Pinguicula Gigantea: one of the larger ones in the ping species but a humble seedling

pinggigantea.jpg

Prolifera: the stupid plant is more interested in dividing than growing.

prolifera.jpg

Psstacina: they look like tiny green worms right now but trust me, they are psstacina.

psstacina.jpg

Pulchella: it's flowering in tissue culture!

pulchella2.jpg

pulchella.jpg

Tokaenensis: another old one but good one. It's thick and bushy.
tokaenensis.jpg

and last but not least, another clump of Venus flytrap. The Dingley's giant:

vftdingleygiant.jpg

Wow! That's so awesome! The VFTs look like green puff balls :p.

Wow! I especially love the psittacina!

Do you use ppm? I can't seem to get tissue culture to work for the life of me.

Very Impressive!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

very nice! I am going to love learning how to TC!!!! Come on school get done and my house sell so I can move and start learning!!

Now this is unique! Strange seeing plant without standard media.

Thanks for having a look everybody, some of the stuff doesn't look as good as it does in the photographs right now. Recently I had a small disaster. It's so easy to make a mistake and then everything has got algae growing inside because the water that I used wasn't clean. I think I'm going to have to take a lot of stuff out and plant it up. To be precise, 50 Indicas and 50 psstacinas. The rest of them look like they are okay for now but time will tell. PPM is in my regular recipe. It's wonderful for fungus and mold but, it doesn't stop the algar. It is a systemic things so after a while you can get away with not using PPM in second and third generations although if you want to be prudent you can still leave it in.

I have found that growing tissue culture can be like growing cephalotus at times. You can spend a whole bunch of effort and love to grow it carefully and all you need is one mistake on one fine day and the whole thing ruins. Granted, tissue culture grows much faster, but, cephalotus is a lot more forgiving when you make a mistake, at least you can salvage it. With tissue culture is something crashes, you just have to throw the whole thing away. I've tried salvaging things, sending them through a second round of bleach, it just doesn't work out that way. Sad but that's the truth.

Are these plants for future sales or are you just happily growing them in TC?

Seriously, how are you keeping them i.e. temperature and light level?

I don't know, is there much interest in these species? I'd certainly be willing to subculture some up for trade if there's interest by some of the folks around here.

I don't know, is there much interest in these species? I'd certainly be willing to subculture some up for trade if there's interest by some of the folks around here.

There's certainly an interest in Hartemeyororum! Its a pretty unique plant.

Very impressive b.t.!

Can you elaborate a little on your TC process? It seems to work quite a bit better than mine! :D

what kind of jars are those? they are a great size!

Thanks!

P.S.
if you EVER deflask/sunculture the hartemeyototum please let me know!

Back