Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few TC photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, the process of hardening or removing something from tissue culture into standard media is not complicated. I had elaborated on it earlier but maybe it wasn't clear enough. Think of it this way, if you were to plant some seed of drosera or nepenthes, into an airtight container and sealed shut to maintain the humidity, getting those seedlings accustomed to air outside is a similar process is getting a plant out of tissue culture into a external environment. In both scenarios, the plant is accustomed to a highly humid environment, and your task is to slowly get it exposed to low levels of humidity outside. You may proceed to do so in a manner you see most fit but like I had described earlier, a plastic bag with holes made in it progressively over a week, or a container which is slowly removed over the course of the week, works best.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya. This is not unlike what I've had to do with the infamous, "Lowes Cube Of Death" plants - and those plants were just plain neglected setups for failure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott, I got a few containers of TC Droseras while ago but didn't have the time to pot them up.

This clump was about to explode in that little container it came in.

Each plantlet has got its own root(s) so I cut them off individually.

In they go into a disposable container with perlite. They would be potted up in media in 2 weeks' time.

Cindy

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! There's that signature perlite again. I half expect to see heart-shaped bloodworms...

Seriously, did you do anything special, like gradually open containers during the day and close at night or drain the culture medium with distilled water?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The containers are partially covered and opened slowly over a week. Once they are not limp when the cover is completely removed, I pot them up in media.
    Cindy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12