User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiding out in my Sarr pot, you sneaky thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most "bonus" drosera I have seen come in with the long fibre spagnum moss I buy to pot my plants...most LFS comes from Canada or the northern US..therefore the odds are good (if it came with the LFS) that its D. intermedia or D. rotundifolia, since those are natives of northern spagnum bogs..and the photo seems to match those.

of course, if it came with the Leucophylla, it could be anything!
    whatever might have been growing in the greenhouse/nursery the leuco came from..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i found d. alicae in one of my capensis pots
    Finer in 09'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sphagnum came with the leuco on Sept. 13, so I haven't a clue, but the leuco is from a private grower, I suppose, rather than a nursery - I bought this plant at a VERY small CP show held at the botanical gardens in St. Louis. They had maybe 20-30 plants there tops of all species, not counting the extra VFTs he had under the table [he had a LOT of VFTs!]. He WAS selling Drosera though, of a few different species, but I couldn't tell you what, as I passed over them in favor of the sarrs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two drosera seedlings in my D.binata pot the seedlings looked like yours and after I repot the d.binata and unkown drosera seeding in seperate pots now and the seedling had a burst of growth from the new peat well mine turned out to be a D.capensis the round part with the tenticles got more slender as it got bigger though really yours could be anything I'm guessing either a D.capensis or D.spatulata since it's been repotted I'm sure the seedling will start to grow quicker.
    .../l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノgrowlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12