1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's growing on the sill:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Drosera regia lost all its dew after i kept it in a terrarium someone told me that was a very dumb idea. So I took it out of the terrarium and put it on the window sill that gets about an hour of evening sun (our kitchen) now it looks like its going to flower. Will flowering in such a poor condition kill it?
    I dont water it very much maybe every 5 days when it looks like its dryed out on the surface. It gets pretty cold at night. Maybe as low as 50. Anything else I can do?
    My Growlist

My Webpage with photos I took On Mt Kinabalu

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that it would need more light.. but then again. I'm far from being an accomplished D. regia grower. I understand that the "highland" conditions are good for it. I wouldn't trust a flower. I don't even know why it would flower now. Maybe someone else will respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jimscott,
    Its flowering for maybe 2 reasons its spring here (New Zealand), some things try to flower when they are dying also it got quite cold over the winter (ok I cant count)
    I think you are probably right about not enough light but im trying to protect it from bright hot conditions until it recovers some more. It is green rather than reddish so maybe it would look better in brighter conditions. It gets indirect light all day and 2 hours direct evening sun. Its probably brighter than my terrarium (death cube) Im starting to think maybe the terrarium is just good for germinating seed and neps over winter to keep them warmer.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a southern (northern?) exposure window sill and/or artificial light, that would be helpful. They seem to like the day/night temperature change, as opposed to constant room temp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What temps (day and night) did you keep it at before? What temps does it get now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before they were ~72 F. Now they are dipping into the 50's and getting higher into the 70's. This is all dependent upon how the temp and sun are affecting things right at the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hopeful my plant will survive because Iv just noticed a new bud to the side of of the flower bud at the center. Its so small and so slow growing but I guess its a good sign.
    My widowsill is southward facing so it gets good light but little direct sun. It suits nepenthes well enough in the summer. It gets good variation in temperatures too. Colder at night.
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast