What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
D. dielsiana
P1030062.jpg

D. capillaris - Should be outside, I know.
P1030063.jpg

D. sp. "Jacoby" showing variation
P1030076.jpg

D. oblanceolata Sunset Peak, Hong Kong
P1030074.jpg

D. capensis "All Red"
P1030066.jpg

D. adelae
P1030082.jpg

They look very sticky ;) Is that sand in the first one?

Very nice.:)

What are those some long-stemmed drosera I see in pics 3 and 4?

Thanks guys for the comments :).

Cap - That is sand in the first picture. It's just a top dressing. After awhile it gets a brown tinge to it.

Jimmy - The long stemmed plants are D. madagascariensis. I just trimmed them back and repotted them today actually. They can get pretty tall.

Crystal

Nice plants Crystal. That pot of adelae has some nice size plants with great coloring.

They're looking very good!

Jimmy - The long stemmed plants are D. madagascariensis. I just trimmed them back and repotted them today actually. They can get pretty tall.

Crystal

I have several Drosera madagascariensis which have grown long and scrambling. How to you trim them? Do they grow back from the roots or can you plant the green top part of growth to grow new roots?

Thanks everyone :).

NAN - With mine, I just trimmed them down to the media. They should come back from the roots. I also stick the green tips in the media as well. I did this about a year ago and had good success. Mine were starting to fall over into other pots they were getting so tall. Forgetting to water them also didn't help their appearance :).

Crystal

Ok, there are three in the pot. I'll cut one or two and see what happens. How long does it usually take for the roots to start growing back?

Back